Windows 8.1 WRT

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Any plans on getting this with WP8.1 WRT (Universal Apps)
Jul 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM
You just beat me to it. I was about to ask the same exact question.
Jul 21, 2014 at 1:56 PM
I just made created a Window 8.1 slideview library but basically copying the WP8.1 library project. I just had to comment a few lines in the SlideApplicationFrame class (I commented out the hardware backpressed stuff) and all is working fine for me.
Jul 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Does it work with Universal App? Like WP8.1 XAML app? not the Silverlight 8.1
Jul 21, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Yes it does. I am working on a universal app myself. Works like a charm.
Jul 21, 2014 at 3:47 PM
So there-s only need for this project owner to do it and update the nuget ;)
Aug 1, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Ronp wrote:
Yes it does. I am working on a universal app myself. Works like a charm.
Hi, I've used the 1.4.2 nuget and while on WP8 works on WP8.1 I'm not getting it to work
Can you take a look its a barebone project with the Nuget and the simplest example.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofe8mvxm31nx5is/slide.zip
Aug 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Try adding the project itself to your solution and reference that one instead of the nuget reference. For some reason that didn't work for me either. I didn't try and find out why it wasn't working with the nuget package. Since some modifications had to be done for WP8.1, I ended up adding the project to my solution. Try that and it will probably work.

NOTE: for the author. Just referencing the nuget package doesn't work.
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:05 PM
The control design does not fit quite well with the Windows 8 philosophy and guidelines.

I prefer to have one unique design for Windows Phone and Windows. If you want to mimic the control for Windows 8, you can have it without much trouble, with a Grid and 3 columns :) No need for the slide on large screens.

I'm opened to suggestions, but right now that is my state of mind.
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:30 PM
CyrilCathala wrote:
The control design does not fit quite well with the Windows 8 philosophy and guidelines.

I prefer to have one unique design for Windows Phone and Windows. If you want to mimic the control for Windows 8, you can have it without much trouble, with a Grid and 3 columns :) No need for the slide on large screens.

I'm opened to suggestions, but right now that is my state of mind.
Yes you are right what I meant was WindowsPhone 8.1 XAML (universal app) and not the Windows 8.1 where UX is very different.
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Ronp wrote:
Try adding the project itself to your solution and reference that one instead of the nuget reference. For some reason that didn't work for me either. I didn't try and find out why it wasn't working with the nuget package. Since some modifications had to be done for WP8.1, I ended up adding the project to my solution. Try that and it will probably work.

NOTE: for the author. Just referencing the nuget package doesn't work.
Works! It's some little issue on the nuget package ;)

Great work and thanks for the help!
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2014 at 7:39 AM
The issue has been fixed with the nuget package ... or at least it should be :)
Please tell me if there's still a problem !
Oct 9, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I tried adding the nuget package it doesn't work but when I added the solution and referenced it its working .....