How to hide the menu for a certain page in the SlideApplicationFrame?

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Hi,

I'm new to XAML, WPF, and Windows Phone apps development. Currently, I'm trying to incorporate this library into my personal project, and I'm using the SlideApplicationFrame.

It's nice to have the SlideApplicationFrame as the rootFrame, so all the pages inside it would have the menu. But I have a scenario in which I need to hide the top-menu bar of the SlideApplicationFrame in some of the pages. Could anyone show me how to do that?

Thank You.
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Hi,

Check the sample within the source code, there's an example with the TestPage.xaml.

You just have to add this line in your Page tag :
library:SlideApplicationFrame.HideHeader="true"

And now with version 1.4.2 you can call a method to hide it dynamically : SlideApplicationFrame.ToggleHeaderVisibility().
Marked as answer by CyrilCathala on 8/2/2014 at 7:05 AM
Aug 14, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Hi Cyril,

Thank you for the answer. But somehow, the HideHeader property only works for pages other than the very 1st page that I navigated into from the App.xaml.cs.

I have the following line in App.xaml.cs:
                if (!RootFrame.Navigate(typeof(LoginPage), e.Arguments))
                {
                    throw new Exception("Failed to create initial page");
                }   
And, I have tried with other pages (with HideHeader=true) in that RootFrame.Navigate, and none works. So, whatever page I put inside that RootFrame.Navigate(typeof(LoginPage) above, the HideHeader would not give any effect. It seems the HideHeader would only works in pages other than the page that I navigate into the first time.

What did I do wrongly? Please advise.

Thank You.